Fair Game La Grange will be running our first ever Euchre Tournament on Saturday, November 6 at 5 PM! New and experienced Euchre players are invited to sign up for the event, either as a pair or independently. We will also be running an introduction to the game at 4 PM that day to teach new players the game (or to help folks remember the rules if they haven't played in a while).
Here are the essential details:
Date: Saturday, November 6
Time: 4 PM intro, 5 PM
Location: Fair Game La Grange
Duration: 4 hours
Price: $4.99 per player
Ages: 12 and up
PREREGISTRATION IS VERY IMPORTANT! Players can register by purchasing the associated item or by dropping by the store. If you run into difficulties, please email [email protected] & we can provide additional assistance.
- Participants are invited to register as a team or as an individual. Individual registrations will be paired up prior to the first round.
- This is a casual event! Both veterans and players new to the game are welcome to join us.
- We will be running an introduction to Euchre at 4 PM. If you would like to participate in this introduction, please show up around this time. If you an experienced player and would like to share the game with new players, you are also invited to show up around this time.
- The tournament will begin at 5 PM. Please show up a little early to check in!
- Each team will play 6 rounds. Each round will consist of 8 hands. Rounds will be timed at 25 minutes each. The first team to score 10 points is declared the winner. It is possible to score up to 13 points during a round. If the game/round is not over when time is called, the first team with the higher score wins. If both teams are tied, whichever team reached that score earlier wins.
- The first round will be paired randomly. During subsequent rounds, teams will be paired up against those of similar standing.
- Prizes will be awarded to the three top-performing teams at the conclusion of the event. We have some fun things planned!