Fair Game La Grange will be running a Euchre Event on Saturday, March 19 at 5 PM! New and experienced Euchre players are invited to sign up for the event, either as a pair or independently. We will also be running an introduction to the game at 4 PM that day to teach new players the game (or to help folks remember the rules if they haven't played in a while).
Here are the essential details:
Date: Saturday, March 19
Time: 4 PM intro, 5 PM event
Location: Fair Game Downers Grove
Price: $4.99 per player
Ages: 12 and up
PREREGISTRATION IS VERY IMPORTANT! Players can register by purchasing the associated item or by dropping by the store. If you run into difficulties, please email [email protected] & we can provide additional assistance.
- Participants are invited to register as a team or as an individual. Individual registrations will be paired up prior to the first round.
- This is a casual event! Both veterans and players new to the game are welcome to join us.
- Rules for Euchre (or at least, our variant) can be found here. We will be playing 10-point games.
- We will be running an introduction to Euchre at 4 PM. If you would like to participate in this introduction, please show up around this time. If you an experienced player and would like to share the game with new players, you are also invited to show up around this time.
- The "tournament" will begin at 5 PM. Please show up a little early to check in at the front register.
- Teams entering the event will be given a score sheet when they arrive. (Make sure to come up with a clever team name!) They will then play a number of games against other teams, recording the final scores. There is no requirement for how many games you will need to play (you can even step out for a moment to grab a bite to eat).
- Towards the end of the night, we will get a sense of which teams have been performing the best and then pit those teams against one another. The team that walks away with the most victories will be declared the winner, holding bragging rights as Fair Game Downers Grove March Euchre champion!