Add your review
Review Getting Started with Age of Sigmar (2018)
Getting Started with Age of Sigmar (2018)
Everything you need to get started in the Mortal Realms of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, this magazine is the perfect purchase for the absolute beginner who’d like to dip their toes in the hobby of collecting, building, painting and playing with Citadel miniat
Contained in the 104-page magazine:
- An introduction to the Age of Sigmar, a time of mighty battles and unending war;
- A guide to the armies you can collect and play with in Warhammer Age of Sigmar, showing you their motivations and introducing their histories;
- Guidance on collecting Citadel miniatures – while you can simply pick up any that catch your eye, for many the hobby is about specific armies or types of miniature. This guide includes three example collections for inspiration (Stormcast Eternals, Nighthaunt and Nurgle), with a further showcase of beautifully-painted miniatures from a variety of armies;
- An overview of the Warhammer Age of Sigmar tabletop game, where armies clash amidst fantastical battlefields, and generals use every tactic at their command to achieve victory. This describes the 3 main ways to play – Open, Narrative, and Matched Play games;
- A detailed Battle Report – watch as the heroic Stormcast Eternals take on the Nighthaunt in a tense fight to the end – you’ll pick up tips on how to play;
- Descriptions of the 8 Mortal Realms, wondrous and magical planes of reality. Includes an informative map and details of key cities and strongholds;
- An introduction to painting Citadel miniatures using the Citadel Paint System, with a guide to paints, brushes and step-by-step instructions showing how to paint a variety of models – including your free Knight-Incantor!
Included are the complete core rules for Warhammer Age of Sigmar – 16 pages of easy to follow guidance.