In Now or Never, you and up to three friends compete to best rebuild your ancestral village and guide the rest of the villagers on their journey home. Although the creatures of the meteorite have lost much of their strength, many of them remain, and you must fight them off to protect traveling villagers. Now or Never is the third game in the Arzium storybook series that includes Above and Below and Near and Far.
Now or Never is a competitive strategy game that allows you to:
- Choose one of four asymmetrical characters to play.
- Rebuild the village so that returning villagers have a place to live. You must carefully choose what and where to build to maintain an advantage, earning the biggest rewards for long-term planning.
- Interact with other players by hiring their specialists to perform special actions.
- Combat dangerous creatures to rescue villagers.
- Explore a fantasy landscape filled with bizarre places, technology, and peoples.
Now or Never includes two modes of play: standard and story. When playing in story mode, you read from a storybook when you explore, making choices and learning more about the characters and the world. Each character has their own set of stories, unique to the locations they explore and diverse in plot, perspective, and motive, allowing you to choose what direction your own story will take.
|| Ages 13+
|| 1-4 Players
|| 90-180 minutes
66 coin tokens
4 hero boards
60 unique villagers
1 Wide game board
4 town boards
8 order tokens
1 season board
22 search tokens
24 hero ability tokens
21 gear tokens
50 enemy tokens
60 wooden pieces