Got a young Star Wars fan in your life? Fair Game is proud to present our inaugural Star Wars Legion Camp this August. It is designed for teens ages 13-17 and will run every afternoon from August 8th to August 12th from 1pm to 3pm.
Star Wars Legion is a tabletop miniatures game for 2 players where each leads a mighty army from the Star Wars franchise to battle! Part board game and part hobby, players build and paint their miniatures before playing out iconic battles and forging new stories in the Star Wars universe.
This program requires a critical mass of sign-ups, and we reserve the right to cancel the program if the minimum number of participants is not reached by August 1st, 2022.
Our curriculum for the week will encompass not only learning and playing the game, but how-to hobby basics, miniature painting, basic strategies, and storytelling on the tabletop.
Miniature gaming teaches a variety of soft skills:
- Fine motor skills
- Artisanship and Artistic Creativity
- Self-Appreciation and a Desire to Improve
- Critical Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Logical Reasoning
- Probability and Basic Math
- Sportsmanship and Winning/Losing with Grace
- Storytelling and Imagination
Participants need their own models to play with. If participants do not yet have an army, or would like to bulk out their collection, we offer a special Starter Army package. This will include 2 squads of troops, a support unit, and a character to lead your forces, along with the dice, cards, tokens, and measuring tools required to play. This package is $75 and has everything a new general needs to start playing!
The Starter Army package will be available in advance if you would like to pick up the models early. We will also spend the first day of the camp assembling the models and learning hobby basics.
Some info on which army you may want to start with:
- Rebels: Take the fight against the oppressive Empire into your own hands! Full of your favorite characters from the movies, the Rebels rely on smart tactics and hit-and-run strategies to win the day!
- Empire: March forward with a swath of Stormtroopers and gun down all those who oppose the Emperor! The Empire wins by force and combines a variety of specialized soldiers to do the job.
- Republic: In an effort to keep the galaxy united, Chancellor Palpatine commissioned an army of clones to enforce the Galactic Republic's rule. Clones are genetically engineered for war and are the strongest soldiers in Star Wars Legion. They are often outnumbered on the battlefield but rely on help from other nearby clones to defeat their foes.
- Separatists: The Confederation of Separatist Systems built countless droids to push back against the Grand Army of the Republic in an effort to claim independence. The core of the droid army are the numerous B1 Battle Droids; they are supported by a variety of heavy-hitting robotic units and Sith lords. The droid army operates with several special rules and are difficult to assemble, so this army is not recommended for young gamers without adult help.
Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions you might have, and we look forward to teaching you your new favorite game!