Warhammer 40,000: Dark Imperium
Across the war-torn battlefields of the 41st Millennium, Mankind battles for survival against myriad horrifying foes. Beset on all sides by hostile aliens and threatened from within by traitors, Humanity’s only chance for survival rests with the continuation of the cruel and bloody regime known as the Imperium. Yet few among Mankind’s untold population realise the full truth of their situation. If there is any future at all, it is a grim one…
Primaris Space Marines
Mighty warriors and fearless protectors, equipped with the greatest weapons and armour the Imperium can provide, the Space Marines are heroes one and all. The product of ten thousand years’ labour by Archmagos Dominus Belisarius Cawl, the Primaris Space Marines were forged from fragments of the Emperor’s original experiments – they are immensely powerful and capable warriors, even more intimidating in stature than any of their previous brethren, created on the order of none other than Roboute Guilliman himself.
In this box, you’ll find 22 Primaris Space Marines clad in Mark X power armour, who can be painted as any Chapter you please:
- 1 Primaris Space Marine Captain, resplendent in cloak and iron halo, holding aloft a master-crafted power sword in one hand and wielding a boltstorm gauntlet on the other;
- 2 Primaris Space Marine Lieutenants, one armed with a power sword and bolt pistol, featuring a standard helmeted head, the other an auto bolt rifle and bolt pistol, featuring a bare head;
- 1 Primaris Space Marine Ancient carrying an Adeptus Astartes banner, wielding a bolt rifle and bolt pistol;
- 2 5-man Primaris Space Marine Intercessor Squads – the heart of a Primaris Space Marines army – armed with bolt rifles and bolt pistols;
- 1 3-man Primaris Space Marine Inceptor Squad – shock troops who slam into the fight with jump packs screaming – armed with assault bolters;
- 1 5-man Primaris Space Marine Hellblaster Squad – the finest marksmen, able to lay low entire armies on their own – armed with plasma incinerators and bolt pistols.
The Death Guard trudge inexorably into battle amidst the drone of endless swarms of flies. Bloated, rotten and riddled with disease, these revolting traitors are virtually immune to pain. Each Heretic Astartes is utterly dedicated to spreading the feculent blessings of the Plague God Nurgle and working the will of their cadaverous Daemon Primarch, Mortarion.
In the box, you’ll find 31 Death Guard miniatures, who can be painted in the colours of any vectorium:
- 1 Death Guard Lord of Contagion , a huge, terrifying Chaos Space Marine covered in spiked, corrupted Terminator armour armed with a plaguereaper.
- 1 Death Guard Noxious Blightbringer armed with a cursed plague bell, plasma pistol and a tocsin of misery;
- 1 Death Guard Malignant Plaguecaster armed with a corrupted staff and bolt pistol;
- 7 Death Guard Plague Marines – 5 armed with boltguns and plague knives, 1 armed with plasma gun and plague knife, 1 plague champion armed with bolt pistol, plaguesword and power fist;
- 1 Death Guard Foetid Bloat-drone – a huge, buzzing machine held aloft by rusted turbines – armed with plaguespitters and a plague probe;
- 20 Death Guard Poxwalkers – the rotten, shambling core of the army – armed with improvised weapons (hammers, claws, bayonets and metal pipes are featured.)
Dark Imperium contains everything – all the rules – needed to play games of Warhammer 40,000. From the 8-page core rules reference card to the 2 army-specific books to the complete, unabridged 280-page hardback containing the advanced rules and background, it’s all here, ready for you to play with from the moment you open the box.