The following are the positions for which Fair Game is currently actively seeking applicants:
Staff - Geneva
As we prepare to open our third location in Geneva, Illinois, we are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic individuals with a passion for building community to join our growing team. Send an email (with an attached resume) detailing why you would be an asset to Fair Game Geneva to [email protected].
Youth Dungeons and Dragons Dungeon Master
We are looking for a creative, patient, kind-spirited and energetic candidate to join as a Dungeon Master to help us continue to grow our Youth Dungeons and Dragons program.
At this time we are looking for candidates to run in-person sessions at both our Downers Grove and La Grange stores.
We have been running the program for over three years for players ages 8-17. Dungeon Masters are integral in providing a fun and engaging experience for players in a wholesome environment, reinforcing educational fundamentals such as creativity, teamwork, problem-solving skills, reading comprehension and mathematics.
Dungeon Master Responsibilities:
- Run at least two two-hour sessions for players on a weekly basis. We currently have the program scheduled into “seasons" of up to 9 weeks at a time.
- Perform the necessary prep work for each session, including reviewing materials created by Fair Game for the sessions.
- Communicate & collaborate with the program coordinator, assisting in the generation of content and addressing issues that arise.
Dungeon Master Qualifications/Skills/Requirements:
- Good storytelling and instructional abilities, the ability to think creatively and with improvisation. The players have amazing imaginations and harnessing this asset for the benefit of participants is a key responsibility.
- Experience working with kids ages 8-17 in a classroom and/or small group setting. You must be comfortable speaking their language and being able to maintain control and help to focus energy and attention on advancing the adventure.
- Familiarity with Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition rules, having prior Dungeon Master experience is preferred.
- You must be legally eligible to work in the US.
If you are interested in this position, please send an email with a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please make "YDND DM Application" your subject line.